Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm Getting Published!


A little while back, I entered a short fiction contest. The Undead Nation (ran by authors Alan Gandy and Cal Miller) were looking for zombie stories for an anthology with all proceeds going to Breast Cancer Research. Today, they announced the winners and....I'M IN!!!!!! I feel like doing backflips (but I won't because I can't)! I simply want to say thank you for choosing "Rebecca" to be a part of this great cause. The book is due out in August and I hope you all can pick up a copy and help out a great cause!

Here's a list of all the amazing winners!

The Undead Nation Short Fiction Contest Winners:
----------------------------------------
Ryan Clarke- I Will Let The Warm Blood Drive My Thoughts
Gordon Hayes- Gumdrop City
Rhonny Kachur- Rebecca (ME!)
Drew McKay- The Eye in the Mirrors
Tracey Mitchell- Silver Moon
Audy Mytron- Entire Journal
Lyle Perez-Tinics- Dement
Jenna Pitman- I am Become Death
Christina Rause- A Walk Deferred
Holly K. Wood- Decapoda Animusicide
Opal Zushaquon- The Blighted Legacy of Nicanor Lavan

The Crypticon Seattle Contest Winner:
----------------------------------------
Erik Tavares- Wocka Wocka Bridge

and the Creators on The Undead Nation:
----------------------------------------
Alan R. Gandy- Satan's Cadaver
Calvin A. L. Miller II- Cold Blood: The End

Right now, I'm working on a story for an upcoming Christmas Zombie anthology I told you about in an earlier post (CLICK HERE TO SEE) that's also for charity, So wish me luck!!!!

6 comments:

Angelica Hill said...

That is sooooooo cool, Rhonnie!!! See, I told you you were a great writer! I am so happy for you :)

Rhonny Reaper said...

:) Thank you!!!

Living Dead Girl Nicole said...

Congrats to you!! How awesome!! How does one go about buying a copy??? I am all about breast cancer foundations as my Mom died from the terrible disease. I also love reading zombie novels!!

Eric Polk said...

Again, Rhonda(boss, if I may,lol)...Congrats!!! You are one of us, one of us, one of us!

Rhonny Reaper said...

lol you are all to kind! The book will be out sometime in august and as soon as I know more, you'll know more!

TheUndeadNation said...

"Rebecca" is AWESOME Rhonny and we are lucky to have it for the book!!!
-TheUndeadNation