Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cyber Scream Queen of the Day: Maryanne Schultz

It's time for our special Women In Horror Month posts, The Cyber Scream Queen of the Day! The Woman you see highlighted this day and every day this month deserves the recognition for their outstanding achievements in online horror writing.


Name: Maryanne Schultz
Blog: Spooky Brew
Bio:
My name is Maryanne. I'm originally from Milford, CT. I went to Full Sail University for Film in Florida where I fell in love with filmmaking and really got into loving the horror genre. While I was going to school, I worked at Halloween Horror Nights doing costuming for the Friday the 13th, The Thing, and Jack's Funhouse houses. While in Florida I met the always fun to be around, Lloyd Kaufman. Since meeting him I have helped work at a few conventions for Troma. I worked on my first full length film, "For Christ's Sake" when I was 20 while balancing school and having a part time job and having to drive two hours to set almost every other day. It was worth every second though. After graduating I moved to California where I met a ton of amazing people who worked in horror films. Two of them being my room mates, Tom Devlin and Lola Wallace.
I started my blog, Spooky Brew while I wasn't working anywhere and all I would do all day was watch horror movies. I felt like I should do something with all of that and maybe put my opinion out there and that's how Spooky Brew was born. The best way to describe Spooky Brew is it's a blog with reviews, random information, and top lists.



No comments: