Thursday, November 1, 2012

Brandon Sites on "The New Neighbor"

Hi there horror fans! This is Dollar Bin Horror Radio co-host Brandon Sites taking a brief break from producing to talk to you about my latest project "The New Neighbor". We are just $67 from meeting our goal with 4 days left! Wow! I just want to give a big thank you to those that helped to make this all possible. If I could, I would give you a big hug in person! 

However, that doesn't mean the journey is over with. I just recently learned that not only does Kickstarter take 5% of what you raise, but Amazon takes an additional 5% as well. I initially set the goal with the idea that Kickstarter was going to take 5% out and that was it. So now, I have to work hard at raising that additional 5% that Amazon is going to take. Also, initially I was going to hire an actress from the NY area in the Alex role, but since I am bringing on scream queen Kaylee Williams (Slices of Life, Porkchop 3D), I am going to have to pay for a plane ticket for her, which requires additional money. So I ask that you take a look at our campaign and consider contributing towards it. 

"The New Neighbor" is about a college student (Kaylee Williams) & her brother who notice a puzzling epidemic sweeping their neighborhood timed to the arrival of a new neighbor. Everyone starts to turns pale, they act anemic, they avoid sunlight and they might have a strange bite mark on their neck. They become convinced that the new neighbor is slowly turning everyone into vampires. To complicate matters, sis (Williams) finds herself inexplicably drawn to the new neighbor (Ryan Sandefur). Is she a moth being drawn to the flame? Or is there a greater evil at work? 

Instead of just focusing on vampires biting people, I wanted to focus on things such as secrecy, mystery, living beneth the grid, emotional vampirism, and sexuality - all things inherent to vampires. 

To check out the Kickstarter campaign, please visit: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brandonsites/the-new-neighbor 

Also, don't forget if you either contribute at least $3 or share this link, you are entered in to win one of four t-shirts from http://tshirtbordello.com - You get to choose the size of the shirt and the design (either horror or zombie).

No comments: