Friday, January 27, 2012

Dollar Bin Horror Spotlight - She Devils A Go Go

Quote from the film maker:
As professional film makers, some people feel we have a duty, neigh, a responsibility to make films that enlighten and enrich as well as entertain. These noble sentiments were at the forefront of our thinking while making She Devils A Go Go. Unfortunately, they didn't transfer to the screen. While mature viewers, serial killers, and Satan worshippers will be highly entertained by our film, no higher purpose will be found. Indeed, many viewers will experience distress, nausea, revulsion, and the "creepy-crawlies".

The statement above pretty much sums up this film in a nutshell. She Devils A Go Go is a SUPER low budget horror/exploitation film that is more funny that scary, yet is none the less an entertaining and enjoyable watch...so long as you're not looking for the next Hitchcock classic. If you're a fan of the "Hack Movies", which we previously reviewed, then you'll love this film. It's full of really cheap gore, beautiful (and half naked of course) women, and acting that's so bad, it's makes you cry with delightful laughter. The plot line is a simple one, a bunch of drunk dudes go to a strip joint and get a hell of a lot more than they bargained for. The thing that makes this film interesting IS the bad acting! I found the characters to be so funny that I just kept watching (especially the big guy, played by Carl Ferrara. Everything he did made me laugh!). Also, I liked the comic book effect the film had, kind of like an homage to the old Creepshow films with different scenes being introduced with a pretty well done comic book page. Now as I give my unbiased opinion on all the films on this site, I will say it was fun to watch the film as I've met most of the cast at our local Zombie walks (the walks are hosted by the company that made this film) and after talking to all of them, I feel like I knew what was coming when I got this film in the mail and am quite happy with the final project. If there was one thing I would have changed, it would have been some of the camera work. In certain shots, the camera got fuzzy then clear, fuzzy then clear, but seeing as this film wasn't made to be a breakout Sundance hit, I can forgive that. If you're looking for a fun time with plenty of blood, laughs, and girls, then I would suggest you head on over to the She Devils A Go Go site (HERE) and check out the trailers!

No comments: