Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Women In Horror Month!

That's right folks, one of my favorite times of the year is back! February is the official month to celebrate the wonderful and talented females of the horror genre, and once again DBH is happy to be a part of it. WIHM was started last year by the brilliant and talented Hannah Neurotica of Ax Wound Magazine. Last year, we posted about a new female horror blogger or website mistress ever day of the month. While I would love to do something like that again, I just don't have the time between college, writing, and running my other sites. So what I plan on doing this year is to post a few articles throughout the month on the women of horror who have inspired me to do what I do today. I want to give thanks and show my respect for all of the amazing women who inspired me to get into horror in the first place and who continue to inspire me every day.


So...what can you do? Post on your facebook about women in horror that you love, tell your friends about WIHM, watch horror films staring strong women characters, attended a WIHM event...the list is endless! My favorite thing to do is to donate blood at a local blood drive! Not only am I celebrating WIHM, but I'm helping to save up to 3 lives! Jen & Sylvia Soska, the AMAZING film makers behind Dead Hooker In A Trunk, started the WIHM blood drive last year and it's going on again. How do you participate? Easy, just go out and donate blood during the month of February! You can post pics on the Facebook event page. (These are the stickers I got from my donation last week!)


So check back throughout the month for my WIHM posts, watch some great horror films with beautiful women, and go out and donate some blood!


Sending Deadly Kisses,
Rhonny Reaper

No comments: