Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dollar Bin Horror Spotlight - Darkness Of Night (Preview Book Review)


Recently, I was asked by Lyle Perez of http://www.undeadinthehead.com/ to take a gander at his wife's new book, Darkness Of Night.

The book is a romance story between Kayla, a human woman, and Alec, a vampire, but don't think for a second that it's anything like Twilight. This story has again, drama, suspense, and plenty of romance. It reads very similar to a Harlequin Romance book and has a nice voice and pace throughout. The book has a way of being very sexy without being over the top. The opening chapter itself draws you into the story and women will fall in love with the mysterious Alec right away. He's charming, polite, and caring all in one package. When he asks Kayla to dance for the first time, it's entrancing and romantic. The book kept me hooked until the very end, which left me hanging the answer to Alec's question, but a second book is in the works to answer it. The copy I received was a draft of the story and had just a few spelling and grammar errors, but overall I thought it was a very well done novel and I think female vampire fans will find it a very satisfying read. The book will be released soon and once it is, I will link back to where it can be purchased.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cant wait to read it, sounds wonderful.