Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Splurge Of The Week : Splice

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been getting ready for nursing school, which starts in the fall, and haven't had a ton of time. The blog ain't goin nowhere, I just have to learn time management lol! Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...


Elsa and Clive, two young rebellious scientists, defy legal and ethical boundaries and forge ahead with a dangerous experiment: splicing together human and animal DNA to create a new organism.

To be completely honest, I don't know what to say about this film! I mean, yes I loved it, yes it was entertaining, no it wasn't confusing even with all the science talk, but was it crazy as hell? You bet your sweet ass it was! (just a quick *Spoiler alert*) The editing was great, the acting was great, the story was done a million times before but still felt fresh, but I just can't fucking stop focusing on...well the fucking! Is it considered incest if you created the creature in a lab, then do her when she's mature? Is it considered bestiality if the creature has some human DNA in her? Why the hell are there so many sex changes in the movie? Are the creators of the film trying to send us subliminal messages? Yeah I know my questions are probably childish and petty, but dammit I wanna know! Now if you can look beyond the fact that Adrien Brody did the nasty with an experiment (without laughing) then the experiment changes sexes and layed it on Sarah Polley (without laughing), then this could be considered a great film. If you can't (like me) it's still one hell of an entertaining film! So yeah, go see it! (and PLEASE help me answer mty questions!)

5 comments:

R.D. Penning said...

I just can't bring myself to do a review of this movie. I enjoyed most of the film, hated some of it, but I just can't do a review. I don't know what I would say.

Rhonny Reaper said...

As soon as I saw it I knew what to write lol. Im not sure if it's really a "Horror" film though...not quite sure what to call it

Cal said...

Well I gotta see it now! LOL!
-Cal

Rhonny Reaper said...

HA HA HA HA Nice!!!

Sir Jorge Orduna said...

it was entertaining, just not as great as the trailers and reviews made it out to be