Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dollar Bin Horror Spotlight - Into The Dark


Six weeks ago, the mysterious virus came out of nowhere and engulfed the world. Everyone infected seemed to die ... then rise again. Jeff Blaine did his best to hold his family together and to protect them from the horrors scratching at their door, but in the end, they were ripped away from him like everything else that ever mattered. Lost and alone, Jeff decided his only option was to destroy as many of the monsters that stole his life away before they destroy him as well. But when he discovers Megan, George, and Jason, three other survivors not interested in giving up just yet, he reluctantly accepts that there might still be a reason to fight and live to see another day.

This second book in the Dark trilogy is even better than it's predecessor in both content and pacing. The book starts of with action and keeps you in the book until the very end. The characters are very well written and you really pick out your favorites from the bunch. The crew Jeff meets up with seem a little more aggressive than he is and I found myself rolling my eyes at then, wanting Jeff to just tell them off at times. For me, this is how you can tell a great book from a good book...when you're wanting to talk to the characters even though you know they're fake, then you know it's a great book. Of course with any indie book, you're gonna have a few typos, but they were few and far between so it took nothing away from the great writing. My favorite thing about the book, which some may disagree with me on, is that no explanation of how the virus spread is mentioned and no one dwells on the past too much. Sometimes, I feel dialogue about the past can take away from the present and in this case I'm glad the author left all that stuff out. All in all, I would absolutley recommend this book to my fellow horror and zombie lovers. Pick up your copy HERE.

No comments: