Friday, October 11, 2013

Dollar Bin Horror Splurge of the Week: Curse of Chucky

After her mother's mysterious death, Nica begins to suspect that the talking, red-haired doll her visiting niece has been playing with may be the key to recent bloodshed and chaos.

I have been waiting for this film for what feels like FOREVER! I'm not even gonna lie, I am biased as hell and I fucking LOVE Chucky (I mean...I have a dolls problem and the world already knows about it). But that being said, I will try my best not to fangirl all over this post (I'm lying by the way, I'm gonna fangirl the shit outta this review...but I'll keep it spoiler free at least!)

All I have is one question...Why in the FUCK didn't this get a theatrical release!?! After the over the top comedy of Seed of Chucky (still loved it though), a return to the classic horror feel of Chucky was amazing! Not that the new bits didn't come into play (I can't even fucking say what that means without spoiling shit and it's killing me!), but the film is very dark in tone with hints of Chucky's classic dark humor. The opening kill is also quite beautiful, mixing black, white, and red into a beautiful shot...and the best part is it's not the only good part! The whole damn movie was great and pulled you into the story EXCEPT for the one little thing I was afraid of most...CGI. No, not all the scenes use it, a doll was used for many parts as well as a little person for parts like in the other films, but yes the CGI parts were a little...well they could have used some work while he walked down stairs at least...that's all I'm saying. But even with that I cannot help how much I wanna squeal like a school girl at how much I enjoyed this film. Fantastic kill scenes, Chucky's infamous one liners, great acting by all (even the bitch I was SO HAPPY when she got killed!), and a plot twist like a motherfucker that ties this film into the others in the series! I mean, with an ending like that I NEED ANOTHER FILM! Fuck it is KILLING me not to be able to share all the detials, but I must let you all see it for yourself. Go get this movie, stop what you are doing and get this movie. I'm trying not to be biased, but I'm sorry I can't, you all need this movie in your life! If you hate it, you can blame me and cuss me out...P.S. I haven't even watched the unrated version yet...Holy Shit!

***EDIT***
Just finished watching the Unrated version...FOR THAT VERSION ONLY wait till AFTER THE CREDITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It ties the series together EVEN MORE!

No comments: