Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dollar Bin Horror Spotlight - Didrik Davis

Horror actor Didrik Davis is a rising star in the indie horror circuit. Starting as a young pro wrestler, his menacing presence led to on-screen success in Squire Bill, Lee Martin's Midnight Hour, and opposite blaxploitation icon Fred "The Hammer" Williamson in Ryan Thompson's cult hit, Zombie Apocalypse Redemption. He's also known well for his work in student films such as the 2011 MotorCity Horrorcon favorite Man of The House and his portrayal of a brutal Serbian thug in Detroit/Windsor International Film Festival winner The Paper Man. Didrik took the time to sit down with us to discuss his work and what's coming up next for this budding star.

Your most recent work, Thieves, is a sci-fi/thriller short. Can you tell us about it and what it was like working on sci-fi film?

Working on thieves was very cool. Sci-fi is different. You can strecth the truth more and play with things that in the real world people would be like "no way".

I also read that Thieves was made for less than $300! How is that even possible?

The budget on thieves was just 300 dollars. We wanted to prove that you dont need millions of dollars to create a great little film, just a great imagination and great people. That's all it takes.

Have you ever considered working behind the camera as a director or producer?

I have yet to consider working behind the camera as a director or a producer. I dont mind throwing out ideas to them on set, but I'll leave that up to them. I have way to much fun in front of the camera!

You sent me a trailer for a short film you worked on called Man of the House. The trailer had a feel of darkness and a complete collapse of family bonds in only a 57 second frame of time. I haven't seen the film yet, but if the trailer does it justice, I would say I would like it very much. Can you tell us a little bit about the film and what it was like playing your character, David? Who is he?

Man of the house was a short film directed by a brillant mind, Rory Donavan Scott. In the movie I play David. Due to an accident, I wind up a single father who gets bitten one night by a mysterious creature. As the film goes on, you realize that david is getting sicker and tries to assure his kids he's fine. Unfortunetly, he isn't and is turning into a flesh craving zombie.

You acted in a couple of episodes of the television show Lee Martin's The Midnight Hour and did stunt work in Necroland. Do you prefer television work or working in films?

I perfer movies over television. Both have their fun spots, but movies are way more enjoyable to me. There's more of a chance to really bring your character around to where you see them. Television is so fast paced that your in and out and there's no time to really think about what you want this character to really be.

Can you tell us what next for you?

Up next for me is another episode of the midnight hour. It's an episode that boston has already banned! I'm playing a religous fanatic with a love for a chainsaw and a hatred for my wife. I'll also be working on a choose your own adventure movie app for all platforms called Lumberjacked with UFCs Dan "the beast" Severn"! I'm also awating work on a movie in pittsburgh I just auditioned for. Once I get a green light I'll let everyone know about that one.

A huge thanks to Didrik Davis for taking the time to sit down with us for the interview! Check out the trailers for Man of the House as well and his new "choose your own adventure movie app", Lumberjacked!





1 comment:

best for halloween said...

Horror Directory
http://bestforhalloween.com
Horror and Halloween Link Directory. Add your site for free. Horror authors, artists, halloween props, music, goth, costumes, paranormal, virtual haunted houses, all horror related sites are welcome to join. Horror Directory