Monday, September 12, 2011

DBH Re-Visits:Friday the 13th(1980)

By Eric Polk-
Now you may be saying to yourself,"Eric, wtf are you talking about? Revisiting this classic. Gimme a break. You're changing your mind?  Have you had one too many 80's flashbacks? Have you confused this with that POS remake from two years ago?" The answer is no on all of these.

You see, my lovely fiancee Jo is not a horror fan. She watches them with me and even likes a few, but in general, she's never picked over my dvd collection in hopes of finding something to watch. When I won a copy of a barebones version of this movie, I had all intent to keep it away until I got to #28 on Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments list. Well, the best laid plans....

So one night last week, she asked if we could watch this(keep in mind she's never seen ANY of the FT13TH series so she doesn't know the mythos). Rather than rehash what the movie is about, we all know, we've all seen it at one time or another, let me give you her thoughts on the subject.

Before the movie:"Is this the one with Jason? Is he the one who wears a hockey mask?"
During the movie:"Oh my gawd, it's Kevin Bacon!"
The first victim(by that I mean the hitcher);"Oooookkkk!"
Kevin Bacon's death:"NICE!!!!"
More comments:"This movie is slow." "There go the boobs again."
The ending:"WTF???? I thought it was Jason doing this!!!!"
The jump scare:"WTF??? Are you shitting me?"

So there you have it. She actually did like the movie other than the fact it wasn't Jason doing the killing in the first go around. But fear not babydoll, we have eleven more to go!

No comments: