Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dollar Bin Horror Spotlight - Dead Practices (Book Review)


Jerrod is a lawyer just like any other lawyer; there is only one exception- he is a zombie or more like what is considered a Zombie Citizen.
Zombies have been converted into Zombie Citizens so that they can live with regular people, IE humans. But someone wants to change the zombies back to the way they were, and possibly take over anything they can. The hitch- it is a client of Jerrod's.
Jerrod and his friend, a police officer named Rusty who is also a Zombie Citizen, try and stop this craziness from happening through a wild adventure that also includes a lot of super-glue

When I first got this book to review, I was wondering how in the world Shells Walter was going to pull this off. Zombies working like people!?! But when I started reading, I couldn't stop! Shells not only has a unique perspective on the zombie story, but a unique voice to tell it with. Funny, Frightening, Bizarre, Strange, Fantastic, and Sticky are all words you could use to describe this twisted tale. The character of Jerrod is the funny lawyer type you'd see on shows like "Shark" and it made me think of James Wood as a zombie (and seeing as I love James Wood, I adored Jerrod). I don't want to give anything away, but when I read the infamous "super glue" part, I almost fell out of my chair. Of course, there was some zombie action for all you die hard zombie fans out there, but this is definitely not your typical story. It's fun, entertaining, and different from anything else you'll ever read. Check it out for yourself and get your copy HERE. (One dollar from every book sold goes to the Sea Shepard Conservation Society)

No comments: