In Honor of March being Zombie Awareness Month (I just found out of Facebook), this weeks posts here on DBH will be 100% Zombies! To start, me and my Brother blog, Stabbing Stabbing Stabbing, came up with our Top 10 Favorite Kick Ass Zombie Flicks you MUST watch in order to survive a zombie apocalypse!
1. Night of the Living Dead - A must have film on any Top Zombie Flicks list. How can you be a zombie fan and NOT love this movie!
2. Dawn Of The Dead - For me, this is the film that got me into zombie films. This is the reason Romero is King of the zombies.
3. White Zombie - The original zombie film, even before Romero. If you love zombies and haven’t seen their origin…stop reading this and go watch this now. Right now. Seriously get stop reading and go!
4. Zombieland - A films that combines 3 of my favorite things, Zombies, humor, and Bill Murray, god I love this movie!
5. The Last Man on Earth - A genius author combined Zombies and Vampires into one creature and a filmmaker added the flair of Vincent Price to the mix…brilliance!
1. Deadgirl - A disturbing and well done tale of what happens when a couple of teenagers discover a woman tied to a table in an abandoned hospital who cannot die. A very non-traditional zombie film.
2. Khun krabii hiiroh (Sars Wars: Bangkok Zombie Crisis) - This is a zombie movie that is funny and includes a giant snake and a master of martial arts. It's great and totally off the wall.
3. To kako (Evil) - An extremely violent and highly enjoyable Zombies takeover film. Apparently Greek's first zombie film, let us hope they make more.
4. Dance of the Dead - It's about zombies at a high school prom. Add humor and romance, and what else do you need in a movie?
5. Zibahkhana (Hell's Ground) - Zombies aren't the main focus of this film, about a group of youths who head to the middle of nowhere and face a pyscho wearing a burqa, but they are part of this mishmash of different sub-genres. Instead of coming off as a rip off other films it's more like a crazy tribute with awesome music.