Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dollar Bin Horror Spotlight - Maniac on the Loose (Screener Review)


A patient described as "extremely dangerous" has escaped from the local psychiatric hospital. Fearing that he'll lose his job if word gets out, the head of the hospital, Dr. Fraklin Grimm desperately attempts to cover up the escape. Meanwhile there is a maniac on the loose.
This indie film was just a fun film to watch. For such a low budget movie, it was well written, well shot, and the acting wasn't to bad. The character of the doctor was funny and even though he caused all this, you still gotta love him! As with all the Big Biting Big production's films I've watched, the ending is shocking, twisted, and you definitely won't see it coming (I literally stared at my tv and was like wtf?). The only thing I didn't like about the film was that the ending's twist was a little too complex and I had to rewind it a couple times to figure out what I missed (kinda like a few of the SAW movies) but overall, I really liked this film and encourage you to check it out HERE!

No comments: