Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dollar Bin Film - "Suspiria"


A newcomer to a fancy ballet academy gradually comes to realize that the staff of the school are actually a coven of witches bent on chaos and destruction.
Thank god for yard sale movie boxes! Known as Dario Argento's masterpiece, this film is stunning to look at. The colors and set is absolutely stunning. The musical score by Goblin is beautiful. The first 15 minutes of the film are, in my opinion, the best opening of any film. Period. I do wish the ending was a bit longer and more detailed, but the simply fact that the look of the film is so beautiful gives this eerie feeling as you watch the death scenes, as if the beauty covers the evil. Every horror fan should see this at least once.
Sending Deadly Kisses,
Rhonny Reaper

***On a side note, I am going out of town for the weekend to celebrate Orthodox Christmas with my Bubba and Pappy (yeah were a little late lol). I will be back on Monday or Tuesday with my splurge of the week, a new Spotlight, and more of the Dollar Bin Films that started it all....Plus my take on I spit on your Grave.

9 comments:

Andre said...

This was in the dollar bin?!?!

Darius Whiteplume said...

I just saw this within the last year. I was never a Giallo fan. It is a beautiful movie, but I had some trouble following the story at times (had at least one "wasn't she killed already" moments).

Rhonny Reaper said...

I found it in a box my dad got from a yardsale!!!!!!

Christine Hadden said...

Wow, if you found Suspiria in your basement who knows what's next....Lucio Fulci perhaps? Goody.

Rhonny Reaper said...

lol i found this, i spit on your grave, motel hell, the fly, Texas Chainsaw massacre, toxic avenger, and like 30 other movie XD can we say...jackpot!?!

B-Movie Becky said...

My first reaction was the same as Andre's. Haha. I love this movie!!!

ZOMBIE HAYES said...

One of my all time faves. Check out INFERNO next if you haven't already. It is part 2 of Argento's "Three Mothers" trilogy and it is wonderful as well.

Scare Sarah said...

What a classic.

the ringmaster's realm said...

That was a jackpot, why can't I ever stumble upon finds like that!