Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dollar Bin Horror Spotlight - Raym C. Hensley

Raym C. Hensley is an Author from Hawaii who wrote the ever so fun to read Zombie Hunter's Bible. This book it just a good time rolled into 216 pages. It even has a chapter on Zombie sex and recipes for cooking Zombie meat (you can substitute hamburger if your laking that)! This book was an enjoyable read and yall should check it out. This time around, Raym Hensley is i the Dollar Bin Horror Spotlight!

Q:Where did the idea for a Zombie Hunter's Bible come from?

A: From reading the greatest zombie survival guide in the world! The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks--Mel Brooks' son, no less. I remember hearing that it was humorous, and I was thrilled to finally read a comedy about zombies. I am a BIG fan of the Evil Dead series and Return of The Living Dead (just the 1st RoTLD). Max's book was solid all the way through--if zombies ever do plague the earth (and I think we all know they will...maybe around 2012 for some reason) his book IS the go-to book! Actually, you could substitute zombies with Nazis or Robots or Zombie Nazi Robots and you could still survive with his book. That's how good it is. So good, in fact, that it inspired a whole slew of fictional How-To books. But, aside from the hilarious fact that such a book existed, I didn't find reading it funny, not the content. It is a manual, and that's exactly how it reads. And I don't know about humans, but I don't find reading manuals fun--I don't care if it is about zombies or Zombie Nazi Robots. I was expecting a laugh-out-loud funny book...maybe even something along the lines of Monty Python. As those crazy Brits say (does John Cleese impression), "...and now for something completely different." That didn't happen, so I decided to write my own.


Q: Not only did you write the book, but you made a very funny commercial/short film to go with it. Could you tell the readers about the process? and Where a people watch it?

A: Maybe I'm getting old, but remember those old commercials for Stephen King's books? I always wanted to make one of those. They were so well done--and all for a book! It was like watching a movie commercial. It looked like fun, so I gave it a shot. If you'd like to watch it, you can go here---> http://zombiehuntersbible.blogspot.com/


Q: What other projects are you currently working on?

A: There's a monster load of stuff--from an illustrated book about pregnancy to furniture making--but to cut it short, I have a cartoon called Boss Hospital that's my passion now, allowing me to do everything I want to do, my way. I enjoy making my own decisions and whatnot. I love working on this beast. I put eight hours into it everyday. If people want to see a cartoon that's rather different from the norm, more Monty Python inspired, Boss Hospital is the place to go. It's a business, really. People should start a business doing what they love. Why not try?


Q: Where can people learn more about the book, yourself, and your other works in progress?

A: You can learn more about the book at http://zombiehuntersbible.blogspot.com. I have the obligatory MySpace page at myspace.com/doctorraym. Boss Hospital is over at http://www.bosshospital.com. Thanks again for this interview, Rhonny. It was fun! Best of luck to you in the new year! Mahalo. Ray.

No comments: