Sunday, November 29, 2009

Best Thrift Store Find...Ever - The Films Of Boris Karloff (Book)

A couple of days ago I was at Unique Thrift Store (the poor man's mall) and found the coolest, most kick ass book ever, The Films of Boris Karloff by Richard Bojarski and Kenneth Beals. It's a comprehensive look at all the works of Karloff and his life. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it and I sure couldn't believe that it was, ironically, only $1! And since this week is the Karloff Blogothon, I thought I'd share a few pics from the amazing book with all of you!


Heres the front and back covers (I love the pic on the back bottom right).

A look at a very young Boris

Boris from The Gift Of Gab

How could I show you these pages without including Frankenstein!

Karloff, Price, and Lorre come together for The Raven

And the amazing trio come together once again for The Comedy of Terrors (one of my fav films).

And lastly, a look at Karloff's television work (man did he look FIERCE!). Well that's my awesome find!


Everyone should go hit up your local thrift store (especially if they give to charity, like the Salvation Army or Good Will) cause you never know what terror tid bit you could find!
Sending Deadly Kisses,
Rhonny Reaper

3 comments:

Shonen King said...

Nice Score!!!! That book looks awesome!!!! I have my eye on that huge Mario Bava book, I wish I found that in the $1 bin.

B-Sol said...

That looks like one amazing book. And you look like the happiest person on earth to have it!

Rhonny Reaper said...

Oh I am! lol theres so many pics I've never seen of him (especially the TV special in drag lol)